Elements of a Snoezelen® Sensory Room
This is just one example of a Snoezelen® Sensory Room. Each Multi-Sensory Environment is designed and built with the requirements of the people using it in mind.
Requires light source
Musical Water Bed
8 Color Switch
Sensory Magic™ - This room is controlled by Sensory Magic, the ultimate multi-sensory experience. Create your own fully immersive themes to match the preferences of the person using your sensory environment in minutes. Click Here to find out more about Sensory Magic.
1. Shimmering Curtain - A spectacular 'curtain' of fibre optics that continually changes colour, when teamed with our 'Light Source'. Place at the entrance of your Snoezelen® sensory environment so when the user enters the rooms, they can benefit from the feel of the fibres and be visually stimulated or calmed. The plastic tail fibre optics are the safest on the market. Light Source is sold separately.
2. Projector - Projection is highly recommended for essential Snoezelen® work. The simple changing shapes of color and gentle patterns require little intellectual concentration. This allows the individual to relax with the image without the need to predict or decipher the shapes or patterns of objects.
3. Musical Water Bed - The bed adapts to the body shape giving warmth, comfort and muffled noise, possibly similar to fetal experiences in the womb. Fine vibrations of rhythm, tone and beat can be produced through the powerful amplifier. These are picked up through the skin as tactile stimulation.
4. Snoezelen® Corner - A sensory corner a comfortable area where a person can sit or recline and get up close to, and interact with sensory products. Typical sensory corner products include bubble tubes, fiber optics and switches. Mirrors are often used to enhance the impact of the visual products.
5. Talking Cube - The Talking Cube can be targeted to develop understanding of cause and effect, color recognition, picture recognition, listening, motor skills and concentration. It encourages physical movement to reach, grip, bend and throw the cube and is an engaging way of interacting with a Snoezelen® environment.
6. 8 Color Switch - The 8 Color Switch promotes inclusivity, choice, control and accessible learning. It makes choosing and turn taking fun and accessible to all, including people with fine/gross motor skill difficulties and/or visual impairment.
7. Wall Panels - Snoezelen® wall panels can be used passively as a visual stimulus or interactively to teach cause and effect and color recognition. Snoezelen® wall panels can be wall mounted or used with a mobile porter, are WiFi compatible and are easy to wipe clean.
8. Bubble Tubes - Bubble Tubes are a truly multi sensory product, offering visual, audible and tactile stimulation through the gentle vibrations caused by the internal pump. Additional visual stimuli can be added in the form of plastic fish or balls.
9. Wall and Floor Cushions - Padding on the walls and floors of a sensory room allows the user to safely and independently explore their environment without the need to worry about sharp corners and hard surfaces.